Pages

Thursday 10 June 2021

JAI 558: Just Add A Sketch

 Hi!


I feel like I say this every week, but hooray for Friday! It's been another super-busy week and I am looking forward to the long weekend. My two youngest kids have pupil-free days (of course not on the same day!), so it's an extra long weekend for them.


How awesome is this sketch that Kim designed for our challenge this week? All those delicious layers! I decided to have a lot of fun with the layers, by making my background DSP carry across all of the layers on the card.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, WaffleFlower, Sweet Sentiments Builder, Sweet Sentiments Dies, JJ's Rainbows DSP, Layering Circles Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

The DSP is from WaffleFlower, and is called JJ's Rainbows. It's so happy and cheerful! I held my breath and carefully cropped the paper using a Stitched Rectangles Die and a Layering Circles Die. I had to be so careful to cut the rectangle straight - I was so nervous! Each layer is matted in Basic Black and popped up using Dimensionals, aligning the stripes with the layer below.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, WaffleFlower, Sweet Sentiments Builder, Sweet Sentiments Dies, JJ's Rainbows DSP, Layering Circles Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

The sentiment is from Uniquely Creative, using their coordinating Sweet Sentiments stamps and dies. I found some old Pool Party embossing powder in my stash, and was pleasantly surprised when it still worked. I had planned to use white, but thought I'd give this a go when I found it while reaching for my white powder.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, WaffleFlower, Sweet Sentiments Builder, Sweet Sentiments Dies, JJ's Rainbows DSP, Layering Circles Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

The inside uses more of the Sweet Sentiments stamps. It's a 'builder' set, so you can mix and match the stamps to create your own sentiment. I thought the 'magical' bit suited the rainbow on the front. They are a little magical, after all!

That's all from me for now, it's rather cold here, so I'm off to snuggle up somewhere with a good book and a cuppa! Please do pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Design team cards. You can also link up your card for our challenge. I can't wait to see what you make!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is a cracker of a card, Tina. I love the overhanging sentiment and that the black of it contrasts to the coloured font inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.