Pages

Sunday 6 June 2021

CTC 321: Mini Project, Masculine Twist

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's a fun challenge this week. Actually, all our challenges are fun (I think!) but this one was extra fun for me.


We are tasking you to find a project in the Mini Catalogue and give it a masculine twist. I like to really challenge myself, so I decided to look for a very feminine card to twist.


Smoochy, lipstick lips are super feminine, right?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Handsomely Suited Bundle, Sweet Strawberry, Birch, In Good Taste DSP, Stampin' Blends

My first thought was to replace the lips with a bow tie, and the rest of the card was built around that! The bow tie, from Handsomely Suited, was coloured with my Night Of Navy Blends and then cropped with the matching Suit & Tie Dies. My sentiment is from Sweet Strawberry, and I've just noticed that it has a mix of fonts, just like the catalogue card I am CASEing.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Handsomely Suited Bundle, Sweet Strawberry, Birch, In Good Taste DSP, Stampin' Blends

The DSP is from the In Good Taste pack, which carried over from the previous Annual Catalogue. I layered it on a discarded piece of Whisper White that had beens tamped with the Birch stamp and cropped with a Stitched Rectangles Die. I had made it for a different card and didn't end up using it, but it worked perfectly on this card. I tied a reef knot in my twine, instead of the bow on the original card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Handsomely Suited Bundle, Sweet Strawberry, Birch, In Good Taste DSP, Stampin' Blends

My DSP offcut from the front of the card and a tie were the perfect additions to the inside of the card.

That's all from me for tonight, but your job is just beginning! We'd love to see how you turn a non-masculine card into a masculine card. All you need to do is make the card and post a photo in our Facebook group.


Don't race off too quickly, though! You will want to finish our blog hop first! Please pop on over to Peta's blog, where she has a stunner of a card made using a popular stamp set for masculine cards.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Love your masculine remake. Stunning colouring with the blends!! And a brilliant transformation from lips to ties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have turned a very girly card into a very masculine one!! Love the bow tie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.