Pages

Thursday 17 September 2020

JAI #523: Just Add A

 Hi!


Hooray for Friday! Friday means two things - it's nearly the weekend, and it's Just Add Ink time! This week it's one of my Alphabet challenges, and we are back to the beginning on the alphabet - Just Add A.


To enter our challenge, you just need to make a card with some sort of A element. It could be the name of a stamp set, technique, colour, theme - anything that you can think of that starts with A. Just make sure you let us know what your A element is. I decided to make an Asian themed card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Lucky You, Stampin' Blends

I won this Uniquely Creative stamp set, called Lucky You, in a Facebook competition quite a while ago. I hadn't used it yet, so this was the perfect opportunity. The prize pack also included some patterned paper with an Asian theme, so I decided to use it too. Can you see a sort of fan-like design on the paper? I used this particular sentiment from the stamp set, as it's an Affirmation - another A element for my card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Lucky You, Stampin' Blends

I coloured the dragon with my Balmy Blue, Night Of Navy, Bronze and Ivory Blends. I also used a Gold Sharpie to colour the dots and spikes on the dragon It's hard to see in the photo, but it gave a nice metallic look. He was popped up over a background on which I'd sponged a bit of Balmy Blue ink. A scattering of gold sequins finished off the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Lucky You, Stampin' Blends

I stamped the dragon again on the inside, this time in Balmy Blue ink. A quick google search tells me that blue dragons symbolise new growth, good health and the approach of spring. I could do with a little of those!

Please head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's cards. Everyone has interpreted the Just Add A theme so differently. I wonder how you will interpret it?

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is a really lovely dragon image Tina - a lovely sentiment too, very uplifting and perfect for your Blue dragon. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.