Pages

Thursday 3 September 2020

JAI #521: Just Add Inspiration

 Hi!


Yay! Today marks the start of a super long weekend, well, for me and the kids! Poor Rob still has to work on Friday and Monday, but the kids have pupil free days. It should have been the start of the Royal Adelaide Show, and even though it was cancelled, the kids still get the pupil free days. Hooray for a good weather forecast, so we can spend some time outside.


But let's get on with the show. This week at Just Add Ink Rachael has challenged us with this fabulous Inspiration Photo. I say fabulous, because who wouldn't want to sit and celebrate at such a pretty table? However, I really struggle with these photos, as I don't tend to make super girly cards. Then I remembered that I had some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper and off I went!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday To You, Stitched 3 Window Frame Die, Birthday Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Glimmer Paper, Stampin' Blends

I started by cropping the Glimmer Paper using a Uniquely Creative Die, called Stitched 3 Window Frame. I backed it with a piece of In Good Taste DSP that is probably meant to be plaster, but could also pass as cake icing!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday To You, Stitched 3 Window Frame Die, Birthday Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Glimmer Paper, Stampin' Blends

The cake was from last year's SAB offering. There's no cake in the Inspiration Photo, but it looks like a celebration to me, and there has to be cake at a party - right? I coloured with with my Rococo Rose, Shaded Spruce and Granite Grey Blends with a Gold Foil stand. The Inspiration Photo uses Rose Gold, but I don't have anything in Rose Gold, so plain old Gold it is!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday To You, Stitched 3 Window Frame Die, Birthday Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Glimmer Paper, Stampin' Blends

I created a softer version of the cake for the inside. This one was stamped in second generation Blushing Bride ink and coloured using a Blender Pen and my Blushing Bride, Soft Sea Foam and Grey Granite Ink Pads. I quite like how the softer flowers turned out!

What elements do you like in the Inspiration Photo? You could explore the colours, the theme, the glitter - the possibilities are endless! Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see what the rest of the Design team have created. You can also link up your card to enter our challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.