Pages

Thursday 10 September 2020

AWH September Bog Hop: Masculine Cards

 Hi!


Welcome to the AWH Monthly Creative Showcase. From this month forward, we will be running the Showcase as a Blog Share, rather than a Bog Hop. This means that you will find all the links to the participants over on Rachel's blog, all in one place.

For this month's Creative Showcase, we are all making Masculine Cards. Father's Day may be done and dusted for 2020, but there is always a need to celebrate the males in our lives, for reasons other than Father's Day. The littlest (and cheekiest!) male in my family is turning thirteen soon, so I decided that tonight's card would be for his birthday.


Hudson's favourite toys are his plastic bowling pins. They are always within reach, and when we go to appointments or respite he often takes a pair with him. His favourite are the blue pair, but the red and lime pairs get a fair work out too! He always has to hold two at a time - the blue pair never get mixed up, but sometimes he will mix the red and lime. I decided to use the colours of the bowling pins to create his card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Stitched Triangles Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Playful Alphabet Dies, Family Party,

I hope you'll forgive me for using a little bit of a retired colour - Lemon Lime Twist. It was the best match to the colour of his bowling pin. Anyway, I used my Stitched Triangles Dies to cut three sizes of Equilateral Triangles in Pacific Point, Poppy Parade and Lemon Lime Twist. I also cropped a Stitched Shapes Circle and the number 13 from the Playful Alphabet Dies. I adhered some Foam Adhesive Sheet to the back of the cards tock so that the 13 would be popped up.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Stitched Triangles Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Playful Alphabet Dies, Family Party,

In fact, nearly all of the layers are popped up - luckily I don't need to post this card! Each of the triangles are popped up over the one below, with the circle adhered flat and the 13 popped up, as I mentioned before. I offset the two sets of triangles for a bit of quirkiness.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Stitched Triangles Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Playful Alphabet Dies, Family Party,

I had a third set of triangles for the inside. I got a bit Dimensionals happy, though, and popped each layer up as I did for the front. I contemplated redoing them, but decided that as I wasn't posting it, it didn't really matter. The sentiment is from the Family Party stamp set. I love that it's a heap of different names, words, numbers and phrases that can be mixed and matched to create a personalised sentiment.

That's all from me tonight. Don't forget the changed format - you now need to head on over to Rachel's Blog to find the rest of the links for this month's Creative Showcase. I can't wait to see what Masculine Cards the AWH Team have made.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Oh Tina I'm sure Hudson will love this card - I certainly do. Its graphic quality really appeals to me and is just perfect for male cards of any age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bright cards Tina, Hudson will love it! Those colours look great together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that you’ve used his favourite toys to inspire your colour combination. I bet he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love your bright & happy card for Hudson's birthday. I am sure he will love it. You have combined the shapes and dimension so well. So wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the crispness of this card and super LOVE the way it is so personalised to his fave toys. I can't believe he's turning 13. Hope he has a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Hudson. I'm sure he'll love his special birthday card. It's vibrant colours just pop on whisper white. Love the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Hudson had a very happy birthday. What a great card! You know you did it don't you? I had to buy the triangles dies now too! Happiest of 13th Birthday's Hudson xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.