Pages

Thursday 10 September 2020

JAI #522: Just Add A Sketch

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me once again for the new Just Add Ink Challenge. This week, Patrice has designed a fabulous sketch for us to use. I really loved it, and it's clear that the rest of the Design team did too.

I was wracking my brain, trying to think of what I could use for the square elements, when I spied my Pine Tree Punch. Perfect!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Trimming The Town DSP, Gold Foil, Pine Tree Punch, Itty Bitty Christmas

I used the new Heartwarming Hugs DSP for both the base of my card and the trees. I'd originally intended to use the other side of the DSP for the trees, but when it came to adhere them to the base, I actually preferred the gingham side.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Trimming The Town DSP, Gold Foil, Pine Tree Punch, Itty Bitty Christmas

The sentiment was cropped from the Trimming The Town DSP. I needed a long, thin sentiment, and this fit the bill perfectly. I matted it on some Gold Foil, to complement the strips of Gold Foil on the top and bottom of the Whisper White panel. It's hard to see in the photo - they look green rather than gold!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Trimming The Town DSP, Gold Foil, Pine Tree Punch, Itty Bitty Christmas

One final tree was used to finish off the inside, alongside a sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas.

What do you see in the sketch? Will you stick to squares, or try a different shape? You can see what the Design team did with the sketch over on the Just Add Ink Blog, where you can also link up your card for the challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful!! Love the colors, the placement, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.