Pages

Sunday 27 September 2020

CTC #286: CASE A Leaf Or Tree Project

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me once again for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. This week we are challenging you to find a Leaf Or Tree Project from the August-December Mini Catalogue and CASE it.


For these kinds of challenges, I always start at the back of the catalogue and flick forwards. I kinda assume that most people start at the front, and I don't want the back of the catalogue to feel unloved! I got to page 49 before I found a suitable candidate for CASEing.


Part of the reason that it took quite a few pages was that I don't really have a lot of leaf or tree stamps or dies, so I had to find something that would translate to the products I do have. In this instance I liked the DSP that both framed the main panel and peeked through the leaf opening. I also liked the stitched detail around the leaf, so when it came time to reach for my supplies, I pulled out my Stitched Stars Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Brightly Gleaming SDSP, Peace & Joy Bundle, Stitched Stars Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Itty Bitty Christmas, Brushed Foil, Christmas Card

I die cut three star windows, because that suited my layout better. The Brushed Copper Foil, layered over some Night Of Navy and Copper DSP from the Brightly Gleaming SDSP pack, is so lush for a Christmas card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Brightly Gleaming SDSP, Peace & Joy Bundle, Stitched Stars Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Itty Bitty Christmas, Brushed Foil, Christmas Card

The hardest part of this card was getting the 'on Earth' part of the sentiment. I didn't want to add another colour to the mix as it would have been really glaring. Embossing with Copper powder on Night Of Navy cardstock was a fizzer, as was the retired Delicata inks. I ended up using Bright Copper Shimmer Paint. The paint pooled into the letters, which I was trying not to do, but in the end I actually preferred how it looked. Gotta love those happy accidents!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Brightly Gleaming SDSP, Peace & Joy Bundle, Stitched Stars Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Itty Bitty Christmas, Brushed Foil, Christmas Card

I had a tiny strip of DSP left from the front, and the three stars cut from the main panel. I may as well use them on the inside, alongside a sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas.

Our challenge is hosted in our Facebook group. It's super easy to participate - just join the group and post your photo. Easy!


Next up on our Blog Hop is the lovely Julia, who has made a stunning Christmas card for the challenge.


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. I bet your card is so shiny in real life!! What a fabulous interpretation of the original card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is totally Ah- Mazing!! I love love love love this! What a great way to show case the metallic paper and the gorgeous papers. so very clever and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! I love the brushed copper foil with the stars cut out and the DSP is perfect to peak through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such amazing cards with these stars Tina! Fab CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stars for the win!! Love this. I love the way the shimmer paint works on the stamp - must try that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.