Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

JAI #472: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Time for the newJust Add Ink challenge. This week it's a sketch challenge, and it's one designed by me!


I designed this sketch quite a while ago, so I can't even recall what I was thinking when I did it. Usually I already have some idea of the card I want to make and then base the sketch on that.  Oh well!

I recently purchased some Uniquely Creative Stitched Mountain Range Dies, and one of those dies gave the perfect shape for the angled lines in the sketch.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Manly Moments, Stitched Mountain Range Die

The two front sections of this card fold out to the side to eventually reveal the inside of the card. The first flap was sponge brayered in Granny Apple Green. The trees from Waterfront were stamped along the bottom in Garden Green, then the two shadowy bits were stamped in GAG, the one on the left stamped off first. The sentiment was heat embossed in Silver, and was from an old Paper Pumpkin kit, Manly Moments.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Manly Moments, Stitched Mountain Range Die

The next flap was sponge brayered in Gray Granite ink, despite it looking brown in the photo! The bottom part was stamped with the speckle stamp from Waterfront in GG ink. I flicked some Whisper White Craft Ink over the top half using my Aqua Painter. I hope it looks like snow to you! The sentiment was done in the same way as the front sentiment, and is from the same PP set.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Manly Moments, Stitched Mountain Range Die

The background was actually the first part I made! I masked off the mountain line just below where the top flap would lie and then sponge brayered the whole top in So Saffron. I then added a little Pumpkin Pie where the sun was going to sit. I then secured an old SU mask, from the Hooray It's Your Day kit, over the top. I used a sponge dauber to cover the yellow ink with Whisper White Craft Ink, and when it was dry I brayered Pacific Point ink over the top. Finally, I sponged some Blueberry Bushel ink at the edges of the Pacific Point bits to add some depth.

To assemble, I just adhered the flaps on each front section to the back of the sun piece, and then adhered the whole lot to a Basic Black base. There's no back, the writing will be on the hidden bit of the sun panel.

Wow, what a full on card to make, but I find this kind of creativity fun and so it was a real labour of love!

Why not pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design team cards, and link up your own for the challenge. What do you see in my sketch?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.