Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

AWH August Blog Hop: Christmas

Hi!


Tonight the Art With Heart team are sharing creative Christmas projects, many featuring products from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue which starts on the 4th of September. If you would like a copy of the 2019 - 2020 Annual Catalogue or the new Holiday Catalogue, contact any of the girls on the blog hop and we will get in touch with you.

I try to make at least one purple Christmas card each year, and this year I got in early! The second thing I fell in love with in the Holiday Catalogue (the first was Elfie) was the So Many Stars bundle. It's a huge bundle - 21 stamps and 23 dies. Woah! The best part are the Stitched Stars Dies - perfect for a range of occasions, not just Christmas. I think they will find a permanent place in my collection.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Blog Hop, Christmas, So Many Stars Bundle, Silvery Shimmer Delicata Ink

This star swish die is so pretty! It has two different stamps that coordinate. The stamped images fill in the open star shapes in the die. I have stamped the stars in the new Silvery Shimmer Delicata Metallic Ink. I can't rave about this ink enough - it dries fairly quickly and then does not smudge! Truly the best metallic inks available, I think. Perfect for those like me that like the metallic look but don't want to pull out their heat embossing tools!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Blog Hop, Christmas, So Many Stars Bundle, Silvery Shimmer Delicata Ink

I also used the Silvery Shimmer ink to stamp the tiny star cluster stamp on the card base. Such a pretty, subtle effect. You ma also be able to see a small star in the middle of the O in Joy. Once I started stamping with the ink, I just couldn't stop! I will certainly be adding the Celestial Copper and Golden Glitz pads to future orders!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Blog Hop, Christmas, So Many Stars Bundle, Silvery Shimmer Delicata Ink

When I cut the star swish die I ended up with the five stars out of the die. I'm never one to waste anything, so on the inside they go! I originally only put two stars, intending to save the other three for another card. However, they usually end up in the black hole somewhere on my desk, never to be seen again, so I ended up adding them to my card.

I really like this card, so I think I'll try it in other combos too. Night Of Navy with Balmy Blue and Golden Glitz maybe? I like the sound of that!

Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented, Rebecca Jacovou.     


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:



Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. A really lovely purple Christmas card Tina, I love the stars too! I love that you try to do at least 1 purple Christmas card each year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Tina! I am totally in love with the Delicata inks too! Perfect for that subtle collection of stars on your card base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right Tina, this could be used for many occasions, but I do love how you stamped those little stars in Silver in the background. I agree you did the right thing adding all the stars on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Tina. Please make sure to share those other colours with us all! My sister-in-law would love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.