Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2019

A Super Card For A Super Kid

Hi!

Today I have a card I made for a friend of Hudson's. His 13th Birthday party was on the weekend, and we all had a fabulous time rollerskating. A lot of 13 year old kids are into super heroes, and I hoped this particular kid was no different!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, You're Super, Family Party

The design of this card was CASEd from my good friend Chloe Evans. She's an amazing crafter and has been doing a heap of videos lately. I always try to watch when she does her Facebook Lives, but she also has a great YouTube channel. If you like watching paper crafting videos, I do suggest you check her out! Chloe posted a few cards she'd made using the brayered strip across the card. I couldn't wait to CASE, as I adored the cards she made.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, You're Super, Family Party

It was very easy to do - I just masked off the section I wanted to colour using sticky notes and my grid paper as a guide and then brayered Daffodil Delight ink at one end and Pacific Point at the other. I flicked some water over the top and then stamped the sentiment once it had dried. My stripe is a little wider than Chloe's, but I needed mine wider to fit my sentiment.

How cool are these stamps? They are from a retired Kindred Stamps set called You're Super. I coloured this dude with my Watercolour Pencils and Blender Pen.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, You're Super, Family Party

Most of the inside sentiment is also from the You're Super set, but the numbers are from a Stampin' Up! set called Family Party. Have you noticed it in the catalogue? It's not one that jumps out as a must have, but it's definitely one worth adding to your collection. It covers a wide range of family members, so that you can make a birthday card for anyone of any age. Go check it out!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.