Pages

Sunday 11 August 2019

CTC #241: CASE A Layout

Hi!


Welcome to this week's CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. You may be starting here, or have come from Siobhan's blog, either way, just keep hopping until you get back to where you started.

The week the Design team are challenging you to CASE one of the card layouts from page 101 of the Annual Catalogue. There are four to choose from - which one catches your eye?


Mine was caught by the cute foxy card at the top left, in particular the stitching around the aperture. It's such a lovely design feature.


As much as I'd love one of everything in the catalogue, I don't have any of the dies or stamps used to create that card, so I had to get creative!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Classic Garage DSP, Sweetly Swirled, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tim Holtz Cogs Dies

I recently purchased the Sweetly Swirled stamp set, and it came to mind as I was pondering how to replicate the stitching. I heat embossed the largest circular swirl using Sliver embossing powder on Basic Black cardstock. I then cut away the inner piece to make a window.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Classic Garage DSP, Sweetly Swirled, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tim Holtz Cogs Dies

At this stage my card was looking very masculine, and so I decided to cut some cogs from Copper Foil to line the inside of the opening. I then fussy cut a muscle car from the retired Classic Garage DSP in place of the sweet foxes. I also used some Tranquil Tide DSP to layer under the Basic Black. I like how if frames the card and gives a little relief from all of the black.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Classic Garage DSP, Sweetly Swirled, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Tim Holtz Cogs Dies

I had some left over cogs in both Silver and Copper, so I used them on the inside rather than toss them. I had originally intended to used the Silver cogs on the front as an extra layer in the aperture, but it looked too fussy. Not great on a masculine card!

Which of the four cards appeals the most to you? How can you change it to make it more 'you'? I can't wait to see your card in our Facebook group.


Before you dash off to get creative, don't forget to finish the hop! Next up is the lovely Elizabeth with her sweet card.


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea to use the gear cogs to peep out through the cut out on your card front. Great CASE of a feminine card to make a really masculine one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever! I love how you’ve used the car with the gears behind the cut out layer. A great masculine card and great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Tina, I love how you've improvised with the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the cogs detail in the front window feature is AWESOME! I love those cogs and I totally love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your card, Tina. Great colour combo and very masculine, but still lots of details to attract the eye. You are so clever at innovating the different elements in a layout. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, Tina. I love the colours and the pop of the metallics, and the way you've created the front opening is so clever. Fabulous CASE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.