Pages

Sunday 3 February 2019

CTC #214: Sale-A-Bration

Hi!


Sigh, the end of the weekend is always a little sad, but not anymore, as it's also when the CASEing the Catty blog hop happens! This week you may have come to me from Lauren's blog, or you may have started here. Does't matter, just keep hopping until you've visited everyone.


This week we are CASEing from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. This card, with it's stunning colouring, caught my eye.


Isn't it gorgeous? I don't have that stamp set, nor any stamp set to replicate the card, so I had to think a bit laterally this week. The card uses the Spotlight Technique, where you cut away part of the image and just colour that part, so that's where I went with my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Soft Sayings, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Stampin' Blends, Spotlight Technique

I've been wanting to colour this sheet of the Botanical Butterfly DSP since I first saw it, but found it very overwhelming to start - it's such busy paper! This was the perfect way to do it. After cutting my front piece, I used the Stitched Shapes Circle die to crop a section and then sat with my Blends to colour.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Soft Sayings, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Stampin' Blends, Spotlight Technique

I didn't bother with shading using the Blends, it's just straight colouring. I ended up with quite a pile of markers after I'd finished! I then cropped another circle in Balmy Blue and popped up the two circles on Dimensionals. The sentiment banner is a nod to the original card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Soft Sayings, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Stampin' Blends, Spotlight Technique

I trimmed a small part of the DSP for the inside, and just decided to colour a couple of flowers rather than attempt the Spotlight Technique on such a small strip of paper!

Are you going to play along this week? I hope so! You can join in the fun over at our Facebook group, where you can add your card for the challenge.


But first, you need to hop on over to the next blog, which belongs to the wonderful Kathryn Mangelsdorf.


Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so clever to spotlight this paper! What another great way to make the most of this gorgeous DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique for this DSP, Tina. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Tina, the spotlight technique is perfect for this DSP. Great colouring and I love that you carried it over to the inside of the card as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.