Pages

Thursday 7 February 2019

JAI #443: Just Choose Two

Hi!


Welcome back to our new Just Add Ink challenge.This week Jan has asked us to Just Choose Two.


We have the choice of two of: embossing paste, colouring or sequins. I didn't feel like getting messy this week, so I went for colouring and sequins.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Birthday Cheer, Detailed Birthday Edgelits, Stampin' Blends

This is a bit different from my usual style, but I do like how it turned out. My first attempt at a background for the gift went into the bin, but the second time was the charm. I pulled out my heat embossing equipment to emboss the sentiment. I like the soft look of the white text on pink cardstock, don't you? It's layered over some of the new Flax ribbon from the Occasions Catalogue, which is soooo much nicer than it looks!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Birthday Cheer, Detailed Birthday Edgelits, Stampin' Blends

To create the background, I simply sponged some Petal Pink ink to a size just a little bigger than the gift. I then stamped the confetti/sprinkles stamp from Birthday Cheer over the top, stamping off once first to soften the colour. Everything else was just layered over the top and finished with some iridescent sequins.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Birthday Cheer, Detailed Birthday Edgelits, Stampin' Blends

I followed a similar process on the inside underneath the cupcake. The cake and gift were both coloured with my blends. I used the Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Petal Pink and Real Red combos. I really love the bold colours sitting on top of the softer pink. What do you think?

Why not head on over to the Just Add Ink, where you can see the cards the rest of the design team have made for this week's challenge? You won't be disappointed!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.