Pages

Thursday 14 February 2019

JAI #444: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Hooray for the new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week Nikki has given us a colour combo with a little difference - we get to pick one of the colours!


I really like this one! I was inspired by a top I purchased in Walmart in Orlando on my recent trip. It's a really sweet top - black with ruffles and lovely embroidered flowers all over it.


Whoops, the tilt on the pic is a bit extreme, but you can see the top at least! I loved the bold flowers on the black background, and used that as inspiration for my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Bitty Blooms Punch Pack, Stained Glass Thinlits, Well Written Thinlits, Subtle DTIEF

I started by using my Stained Glass Thinlits to create the window in the card. I backed the opening with a window sheet and then adhered the die cuts to the sheet. There wasn't really another way to do it. I had a scrap piece of Powder Pink cardstock that had already been embossed with the Subtle DTIEF, so I trimmed it and layered it underneath the window.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Bitty Blooms Punch Pack, Stained Glass Thinlits, Well Written Thinlits, Subtle DTIEF

The flowers were all punched using the new Bitty Blooms Punch pack. They were layered over a pair of Granny Apple Green (the colour I chose as my third!) vines, die cut from the Well Written Framelits. Some fo the flowers were popped up and others were adhered directly to the vines.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Bitty Blooms Punch Pack, Stained Glass Thinlits, Well Written Thinlits, Subtle DTIEF

I repeated the vines and flowers on the inside of the card, along with a strip of the Subtle Embossed Powder Pink cardstock I trimmed from the piece that went under the window.

How do you like my clothing inspired card? Do you find yourself doing that? I see inspiration everywhere! Why not pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see how the other Design team members were inspired by these colours? Which third colour will you choose?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.