Pages

Thursday 31 January 2019

Jai #442: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


It's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Kim has designed a sketch to kick of our creativity!


I really love this sketch, and the Design Team have done some fabulous things with it, so clearly they love it too! What comes to your mind when you see it? The elegant curls to the side made me think of a wedding card, so that's what I decided to make.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Just Add Ink, As You Wish, Beautiful Bouquet, Petal Promenade DSP, Well Written Framelits, Subtle 3DTIEF, Stitched Shapes Framelits

I wanted to go really subtle with the curls, so I cut them from Soft Sea Foam Cardstock, which is the same as the layer underneath, which was embossed with the Subtle 3DTIEF. The little flourishes were from the new Well Written Framelits dies. Aren't they pretty? I wanted to add a little splash of colour, so I used some of the Petal Promenade DSP on the card. The gorgeous rose paper is perfect for a wedding card, as it looks just like a bouquet of roses.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Just Add Ink, As You Wish, Beautiful Bouquet, Petal Promenade DSP, Well Written Framelits, Subtle 3DTIEF, Stitched Shapes Framelits

How much fun I this stamp set? It's a new purchase from Ink Road Stamps, and it's called 'As You Wish' and is full of quotes and fun images inspired by the movie The Princess Bride. In case you're not familiar, the priest doing the wedding ceremony in the movie has a speech impediment and can't pronounce the letter r. Now I just need to find a bride and groom who love the movie so I can give them this card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Just Add Ink, As You Wish, Beautiful Bouquet, Petal Promenade DSP, Well Written Framelits, Subtle 3DTIEF, Stitched Shapes Framelits

On the inside I used one of my favourite sets for sentiments - Beautiful Bouquet. There wasn't another quote in the As You Wish set that would work on the inside, so I thought a simple congratulations would be best. Oh, and more of that gorgeous DSP!

The Just Add Ink team have had a lot of fun with this week's sketch. You can see all the cards, and then link up your own over at the blog. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. I think you have the most fun collection of stamp sets, Tina. This card is just so sweet & fun. Thanks for the Princess Bride explanation too. Can you believe I have not seen it?!
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute sentiment Tina and a lovely wedding card! Those colours are so soft and pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant and fun wedding card Tina. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.