Pages

Thursday 6 December 2018

JAI #437:Just Add I

Hi!

Welcome to the end of the week, the start of the weekend (yay!) and a new challenge!


This week at Just Add Ink it's one of my alphabet challenges. The letter up for duty this week is the letter I, which *really* got the Design Team thinking!


After a bit of thought, I decided I'd go with the Inlaid Die Cuts technique. Once you get your head around it, it's not tricky, just a bit time consuming. Here's my card, and then I'll explain!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Wood Textures DSP, Best Route DSP, Celebrate You Thinlits, Bottles and Bubbles Framelits, Itty Bitty Birthdays

It's called inlaid, because even with all of those die cuts (I think there were 8!), the card front is completely flat - nothing sticking out at all.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Wood Textures DSP, Best Route DSP, Celebrate You Thinlits, Bottles and Bubbles Framelits, Itty Bitty Birthdays

After cutting the card base in Wood Textures DSP, I then die cut it using the largest Layering Circle. I then cut the same. circle from Best Route DSP and inlaid the circle into the base, holding it in place with washi tape on the back. Next was the two straws (you work from the back of the design to the front), then the brown bottle, red label, green bottle, orange label, and finally the white 'celebrate'. Each time you replace the piece you cut from the design with a fresh piece that is held in place at the back with washi. The hardest part was the sentiment, as there are a whole lot of little bits that have to be stuck back down - all the little bits in the loops of each letter. I was a little frightened to do the celebrate in case I stuffed up all the work before it, but thankfully it worked!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Wood Textures DSP, Best Route DSP, Celebrate You Thinlits, Bottles and Bubbles Framelits, Itty Bitty Birthdays

I used the same technique on the inside to make the bottle. This time I just cut a bottle from DSP. On the front I cut them from Whisper White and brayered on the colour. The label on the inside bottle is the one I cut from the green bottle on the front. As it was one of the last layers it was one of the only useable pieces left!

You can see what the rest of the super imaginative Design Team have created over at the Just Add Ink blog. Pleas join in the fun - link up your "I" cards over there too.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.