Pages

Monday 3 December 2018

An Inspired Christmas Card

Hi!

Today's card is a fun, bright Christmas card that has a little story to go with it.

A week or so ago, Just Add Ink had an Inspiration Challenge with a picture of snowy trees. We get the challenge list a while in advance, so I had a bit of time to think about what to do. Lucky, because I was a bit stumped by it! While I was in the USA, I saw this piece of Christmas decor in Joanns.


Straight away, I thought, why not use a card based on this for the Inspiration challenge? I wasn't sure about it, because it's quite a departure from the original photo. I let the idea simmer away in the back of my brain for the rest of the trip, but then when I got home I found that my JAI teammate, Jo had made this card! I decided not to make the card after all. I posted my Joanns photo in our FB group and Jo and I had a little laugh. Then she challenged me to make a card anyway, so here it is.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Foxy Friends, Merry Christmas To All

I tried to colour match the original piece, so left to right I used: Poppy Parade, Lemon Lime Twist, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point and the retired Lost Lagoon.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Foxy Friends, Merry Christmas To All

I used the two trees from Foxy Friends to stamp with - the large trees direct to the cardstock and the smaller trees on scrap pieces that I fussy cut out. The small trees are then popped up over the top with Dimensionals.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Foxy Friends, Merry Christmas To All

So there you go - it's funny how two people can come up with similar ideas completely independently!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Tina, you've done a beautiful job of interpretating your inspo. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.