Pages

Monday 15 October 2018

Everything Is Awesome At Christmas

Hi!

Today's card is one I made for a challenge in the Kindred Stamps Facebook group. The challenge was to use a non-Christmas stamp set to make a Christmas card. The first temptation is to just whack a Santa hat on a person or animal, but I wanted to do something a bit more than that.

I wracked my brain for over a week, and then I just happened to walk past Alex's bedroom as he dug through his loose Lego. Bingo!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Building Blocks, Star Of Light, Santa's Workshop SDSP, Blends

When my kids were younger they used to make all kinds of shapes out of their Lego bricks, including Christmas trees. I decided to use my Kindred Stamp Building Blocks stamp set to make a Christmas tree.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Building Blocks, Star Of Light, Santa's Workshop SDSP, Blends

I started at the top with the double brick and then masked it before I stamped the larger brick in the second layer. I continued masking and stamping until I had the width I wanted for the tree, finally finishing with a trunk. I then stamped some flowers to represent the star on top and a few baubles.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Building Blocks, Star Of Light, Santa's Workshop SDSP, Blends

I couldn't make a Christmas card like this without Santa, so I made one for the inside. I stamped the basic man and then I used the stamp that is a top view of the single brick to create a belt buckle. I just used a marker to add lines to turn it onto a belt. Challenge completed!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.