Pages

Monday 22 October 2018

A Whole Llama Fun

Hi!

I mentioned last week in this post that I'd been asked to make a llama card for a friend to give to her daughter for there birthday. I actually made two cards, and today I have the second one for you.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Birthday Fiesta, Festive Birthday DSP, Celebrate You Thinlits, Watercolour Pencils

Isn't it different? It's very cool how two vastly different cards can be made using the same stamp set. I used Shimmer paper for the front of the card, as I love the way the ink blends on it. I cut the 'celebrate' from Shimmer paper too so that it sort of disappeared into the front of the card, leaving the llama as the focus.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Birthday Fiesta, Festive Birthday DSP, Celebrate You Thinlits, Watercolour Pencils

The background behind the llama was inspired by this card with a much cuter llama than mine, but beggars can't be choosers! My brief was a blue llama card, so I kept the sky to just Balmy Blue. Once again the llama was coloured with my watercolour pencils and blended with Clear Wink Of Stella.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Birthday Fiesta, Festive Birthday DSP, Celebrate You Thinlits, Watercolour Pencils

I used a small strip of DSP on the inside to bring blue into the colour scheme again.

So what do you think? Which card would you have chosen? My friend loved both so much that she couldn't decide and took both of them! Now she's set for her daughter's next birthday too.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.