Pages

Thursday 4 October 2018

JAI #429: Just Add Vellum

Hi!


Let's finish off the week with the newJust Add Ink challenge! This week Di has challenged us to Just Add Vellum to our cards.


My first thought was to use the Graceful Glass Vellum on my card, but then my son, Alex, got invited to a birthday party. I decided to kill tow birds with the one stone and use vellum on the card. As lovely as the Graceful Glass Vellum is, it certainly isn't suitable for a 16th birthday card for a young man!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Plumber Brothers, Building Blocks, Pick A Pennant, Number Of Years, Large Numbers, Copics

I started by sponging some Frost White Shimmer Paint through a Kindred Stamps stencil onto Poppy Parade cardstock. The stencil featured a scattering of stars of all different sizes. I layered a large vellum circle over the top so that the stars could still be seen.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Plumber Brothers, Building Blocks, Pick A Pennant, Number Of Years, Large Numbers, Copics

The stamp set I used was also a Kindred Stamps set called Plumber Brothers. The party Alex was going to was a go-karting party, so if you know the character, you know why it was perfect for this card! The retired Large Numbers dies and Number Of Years stamps were used for the 16. I wanted the number to be prominent, but not the main element, so I tucked them under the sentiment.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Plumber Brothers, Building Blocks, Pick A Pennant, Number Of Years, Large Numbers, Copics

Alex thought the card was fantastic, except I was chastised for colouring the mushroom the 'wrong' colour - apparently the 1UP mushrooms should be green! Oh well - green just didn't work with the rest of the card. I'm pleased to say that the birthday boy (young man!) liked the card too.

You can see what the rest of the team has done with the vellum challenge at the Just Add Ink blog. Will you join in the fun with us this week?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.