Pages

Sunday 10 December 2023

CTC 449: Merry Bright & Bold Colours

 Hi!


Welcome to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. This week we are asking you to CASE the colours of the Merry Bold & Bright DSP. There's lots of bright, fun colours to choose from!


I decided to limit myself to just three, and chose Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green and Blueberry Bushel. I also felt like making something other than a Christmas card, so I reached for my It's A Science stamp set.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! It's A Science, Basics 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

I recently purchased the Basics 3D Embossing Folders, so I started by using the crosshatch folder on my Whisper White cardstock. I then added some 'racing stripes' in my chosen colours. The colours look a bit dull, as it's a wild and wet day here. I had to race out between rainy periods just to grab a photo or two of my card.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! It's A Science, Basics 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

I stamped, coloured and fussy cut one of the beakers. The bubbles were a fun addition, made a little difficult by the embossed background, but I think they turned out OK.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! It's A Science, Basics 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

I added some more stripes to the inside of the card, and then used Versamark to stamp the molecular stamp over the top. I figured that it goes well with the inside sentiment, but I didn't do science beyond year 10 (which was a very loooooong time ago!), so I'm a bit fuzzy on it all!

Do you like playing with bright colours? We'd love to see what you make using the colours from the Merry Bold & Bright DSP. Just add a photo to our Facebook group so that we can see what you make.


Before you get inky though, please do finish off our blog hop. The next stop along the way is the fabulous Michelle Stradz, with an adorable Christmas card.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.