Pages

Wednesday 13 December 2023

Colour Creations: Misty Moonlight

Hi! 


Welcome to the final Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2023. Never fear, we will be back in 2024 with the rest of the colours in the Stampin' Up! range. For tonight, though, our focus is on Misty Moonlight. It's a gorgeous denim blue that I adore!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Joy To You, Christmas Card

I kept my card nice and simple this week. I started by heat embossing the large sentiment from Joy To You using White Embossing Powder. I then used a Blending Brush to ink the edges of the card with Misty Moonlight ink. Finally, I splattered some (retired) Frost White Shimmer Paint over the top of the card, trying to stick mostly to the edges. It has a mind of it's own, though - the splatter goes where it wants to go, LOL!!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Joy To You, Christmas Card

A final simple sentiment to finish off the inside of the card.

Thanks for joining us in 2023 for the Colour Creations blog hops, I hope you join us again in 2024. In the meantime though, please do finish this hop! The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Kate Morgan.


The wonderful Cathy Proctor does an amazing job of organising the blog hops each week - thanks, Cathy! If you run into any problems with links, pop on over to her blog were you will find a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Tina, your splattered background is stunning! I'm sure this technique could also be achieved using the white craft ink refill too. The symmetry of the white sentiment on a blue background on the front of the card, then reversed to be a blue sentiment on white inside is very effective and pleasing on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cathy, that the switch from "white on Misty Moonlight", to "Misty Moonlight on white" is really striking, Tina. I laughed when you said you were aiming for the splatters to be mainly around the edges (it's more good luck than good management, isn't it?). Lovely card, that showcases this beautiful blue so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, yes, ink splatters never go where you want them too, Tina! I love how you added some blending to the edges of the DSP and White heat embossed the sentiment on the front. Blues and white are a perfect match, I reckon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.