Pages

Thursday 22 April 2021

JAI 551: Just Add 3D

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rachael has challenged us to add 3D. Hmmm! Thinking cap on!


I decided that this might be a good opportunity to make a 3D card. I was originally searching for a tutorial for that card that looks like a stack of blocks. As you can probably guess, I had no luck as I couldn't think of the name of it, and Google wasn't helpful with the descriptors that I was using to search for it. I did come across a Bay Window card, though, and as it's another Fancy Fold I've wanted to try for a while, it was the winner.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Peaceful Moments, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Gold SP, Fancy Fold, Bay Window Card

Most Bay Window cards that I've seen don't actually have a window in the front, which seems a little strange to me! I had the idea of using one of the Forever Gold laser cut pieces to frame the window. Great idea, but as I only had hexagonal ones left, it did make it a little more trickier to cut the opening. I got there in the end though. I was even able to get the sentiment in the right spot to be seen through the window. Go me!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Peaceful Moments, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Gold SP, Fancy Fold, Bay Window Card

Here you can see how the front of the card sits out from the back. The Forever Gold leaf to the side holds it in place, but the card also folds flat for easy postage. I think that it would be really cool to create a little scene on the inside to view through the window - I will have to try that another time.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Peaceful Moments, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Gold SP, Fancy Fold, Bay Window Card

Here's the inside of the card. I used another of the Forever Gold leaves on the inside. It's funny how you can be a bit stingy using these during the year, but when you realise that they are about to retire you are suddenly throwing them around like confetti, LOL! Luckily, the In Good Taste DSP is carrying over.

That's all from me tonight, but please do head on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see the rest of this week's Design Team 3D projects. There's a fabulous mix of dimensional projects! You can also enter your 3D project up using our Linky. Can't wait to see what you make!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.