Pages

Sunday 4 April 2021

CTC 312: CASE Your Favourite Retiring Dies

 Hi!


Happy Easter! Have you had a lovely day? I hope so! My teenagers slept in today, so we were able to do our egg hunt at a much more reasonable hour. Yes, even though they are 17, 15 and 13, they still want the chocolate! It's the only day of the year that I let them eat as much junk as they want. They used to go nuts, but they've finally worked out that they end up feeling sick, so they are a bit more cautious these days!


This week for our CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge, we are asking you to CASE a project made with your favourite retiring dies. There are so many of my favourites retiring this year, it was nearly like asking me to choose a favourite child! In the end I went for my World Map Dies. I got the because my husband is interested in maps, particularly antique maps, so this suite was a must have, and will stay in my permanent collection.


I found this little tag on page 26 to CASE, but I decided to turn it into a full size card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Beautiful World, A Good Man, World Map Dies, World Of Good SDSP

Because this gave me more room to play with, I decided to add two globes to the front. I used the dies to crop the globes from some Brass Foil, and then used a left over piece of Foil to anchor the two globes to the card. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Beautiful World, A Good Man, World Map Dies, World Of Good SDSP

The backing for the globes was made with watercolour paper. I used my Water Painter and some Misty Moonlight ink to colour the paper, making sure that the colour went on very unevenly.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Beautiful World, A Good Man, World Map Dies, World Of Good SDSP

I made a third globe in the same manner for the inside of my card. A pair of sentiments from A Good Man finished off the card nicely.

What is your favourite retiring die set? There are so many to choose from, so I can't wait to see what you choose. Don't forget to upload your photo into our Facebook group when you've made your card.


Before you dash off to get inky, please do finish the Blog Hop. Next up is the lovely Lauren. Hmmm, I wonder which set of dies she has chosen?

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. I agree Tina, I think I'll be hanging on to this bundle too. You've done a great job of expanding the tag to a full size card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your expansion of a tag to a full card front. Perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The back of the globes looks amazing! I thought it was dsp and thought that was clever, so watercolouring is even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the watercoloured background behind the stunning brass foil!! What a brilliant card!! Totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.