Pages

Thursday 15 April 2021

JAI 550: Just Add Colour

 Hi!


Hello, and welcome to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jo has put together a really pretty colour combination for us to use.


My first thought was a Christmas card, but I was too lazy to pull my Christmas stuff out of hibernation, so I had to go with something else. My new Butterfly Brilliance stamp set caught my eye!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Butterfly Brilliance, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Brilliant Wings Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I started by stamping the butterflies in Petal Pink ink onto Petal Pink cardstock. I then cropped it with a Stitched Rectangle Die and layered it over a second rectangle, cropped from Poppy Parade. These were popped up on my Whisper White card base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Butterfly Brilliance, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Brilliant Wings Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I had hoped to find some Shaded Spruce ribbon in my ribbon drawer to layer under the sentiment, but I came up empty-handed. I had to make do with a piece of cardstock instead. The Shaded Spruce butterfly was adorned with a few Red Rhinestones to finish off the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Butterfly Brilliance, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Brilliant Wings Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

The inside of my card makes use of the outside frame left over from the stamped butterfly panel. I just layered it underneath a smaller piece of Whisper White. I probably should have stamped a few extra butterflies around the edge, but it's too late now. Next time!

Speaking of time, t'snow time for you to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design team cards. We've had a lot of fun with these colours. You can also find the Linky, where you can enter our challenge. What will you do with the colours?

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I love this Tina. I had the same idea and reaction about a Christmas card. I love the Petal Pink stamped panel - perfect backdrop for your butterfly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.