Pages

Thursday 17 December 2020

JAI #536: Just Add Inspiration

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new Just Add Ink challenge - the last one for 2020. We have an Inspiration Challenge that will run for two weeks. How cute is this picture that Nikki has found for us to use?


It is super cute - but very Northern Hemisphere! I started wondering what a similar decoration would look like for the Southern Hemisphere's summery Christmas, and that's the theme I ended up using on my card.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Rectangle Stitched Dies, All Dressed Up Dies, Tropical Escape DSP, Stampin' Blends

I pulled out my Sun Lovin' Santa stamp set and stamped and coloured a whole lot of images. I really had no plan for a card at that point. By a happy coincidence, the colours I used worked perfectly with the retired Tropical Escape DSP.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Rectangle Stitched Dies, All Dressed Up Dies, Tropical Escape DSP, Stampin' Blends

I love the bright, fresh feel of the card, provided by the Flirty Flamingo card base. Santa looks pretty cool in his Flirty Flamingo Hawaiian Shirt too!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Rectangle Stitched Dies, All Dressed Up Dies, Tropical Escape DSP, Stampin' Blends

There's that Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin stamp again - I am getting so much use out of it!

I had a lot of images left over from my stamp and colour session, so I decided I would make another card rather than let them float around on my craft desk until next Christmas.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Rectangle Stitched Dies, All Dressed Up Dies, Tropical Escape DSP, Stampin' Blends

I used the exact same colours, DSP and layout, I just switched it to portrait orientation rather than landscape. I sort of wished that I'd coloured a few more palm trees to put behind the vehicle, but it was getting late and I was feeling a little lazy by that point!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Rectangle Stitched Dies, All Dressed Up Dies, Tropical Escape DSP, Stampin' Blends

Hehehe, I couldn't resist adding the flamingo to the inside - coloured with Flirty Flamingo, of course!


Here's the two cards together. They were very fun to make - I will definitely have to use this stamp set way more next year!

As always, you can find the rest of this week's Design Team cards over on the Just Add Ink Blog, where you can also link up your card for this challenge - remember that it goes for two weeks!

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I will be taking a blogging break until early January so that I can spend some quality time with my family.

Bye for now,

Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.