Pages

Thursday 10 December 2020

AWH December Creative Showcase: Summer

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the final Creative Showcase for 2020. Rachel has chosen a Summer theme for our projects tonight. For a lot of people, Summer means lazing on a beach, so that't what I decided to do for my card tonight. I've used a mix of Stampin' Blends, ink blending and stamping on my card.


I started this card by stamping my umbrella in stamped-off Soft Sea Foam. I then used a pencil to lightly draw in my lines for the beach, island and horizon. Then I got to the fun part - colouring! The beach was coloured with my Light Crumb Cake and So Saffron Blends. I stamped the shadow and the dotty stamp from Waterfront over the top with Crumb Cake Ink. The island was coloured with my Crumb Cake Blends, and the palm trees were stamped with Early Espresso and Garden Green, with the shadow in Crumb Cake. The umbrella, from Under My Umbrella, was coloured with Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight Blends with a Dark Smoky Slate pole. The sky was coloured using my Blending Brush with Balmy Blue and Misty Moonlight inks.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Waterfront, Under My Umbrella, Beautiful Moments, Stampin' Blends, Shimmer Paint

Finally, the ocean was coloured with lots of Blends. The horizon was drawn with my Light Night Of Navy Blend, and then a small section underneath was coloured with my Light Bermuda Bay Blend. The rest of the ocean was coloured with my Balmy Blue Blends. I finished it off by using my scoring tip to dot some Frost White Shimmer Paint to create some foamy water. I then stamped a few birds and a sentiment from Beautiful Moments.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Waterfront, Under My Umbrella, Beautiful Moments, Stampin' Blends, Shimmer Paint

On the inside I used the Waterfront stamp set to create a little scene that matches the one on the front.

That's all from me for tonight, please do pop on over to Rachel's blog were you can find the rest of this month's Creative Showcase links.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Tina. The background looks amazing, I love how you've used the Blends to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Tina, this is a real work of art - it is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beach scene Tina with so much colouring and the various techniques. Using Shimmer Paint for sea foam was inspired. Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tina this is incredible! Your colouring is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Tina. A real work of art. Your colouring always amazes me but this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.