Pages

Thursday 10 December 2020

JAI #535: Just Add Magical Creatures

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. It's one I've been looking forward to doing since we got our schedule of challenges. It was a great idea from Kelly!


Just Add Magical Creatures - that's right up my alley! The hardest part for me was deciding which stamps to use. In the end I settled on a set that I hadn't used yet, called Forrest Elves from Kindred Stamps.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Forrest Elves, Wizard Friends, Waterfront, Lovely As A Tree, Copic Markers

I started by stamping my Elven Queen on a piece of Whisper White and then used a sticky note to mask her off. The big tree from the retired favourite, Lovely As A Tree, was stamped behind her to create a forrest. I then masked the area for the moon and used a blending brush to add ink for the sky and ground. The sentiment is from another Kindred Stamps set, called Wizard Friends.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Forrest Elves, Wizard Friends, Waterfront, Lovely As A Tree, Copic Markers

The moon had a tiny bit of Soft Suede ink added. I just used the dirty brush I'd used to create the ground, as I only wanted minimal ink. I then stamped some of the splatters from Waterfront over the top to give the look of craters in the moon. I used the same stamp for the forrest floor. The Queen was coloured using my Copic Markers in the softest blues, greens and yellows that I own. I went a bit bolder for her hair and her amulet. I liked that the masking left a bit of a halo around her, as it looks a little like she is glowing - very elvish!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Forrest Elves, Wizard Friends, Waterfront, Lovely As A Tree, Copic Markers

The inside sentiment says 'I love you' in Elvish, so I will likely give this card to my daughter or someone very close to me.

Which Magical Creature will you choose to add to your card? I nearly went with Santa, but I'm a little ready to be finished with Christmas cards, so I chose something fun instead. The Design team have had fun with this challenge, and you can see their cards over on the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.