Pages

Sunday 22 November 2020

CTC #295: CASE The Inside AC Cover

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me on a hot and thundery Sunday evening for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Was it hot and thundery where you were? It certainly was here in Adelaide!


This week for our challenge, we are CASEing these In Colour cards from the inside cover and page 1 of the Annual Catalogue. 


I quite liked the split in this card, with the sentiment stamped in the gap, so that's what I took from the sample card to make mine.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Seaside Notions, Whale Of A Time DSP

I've only recently purchased the Whale Of A Time DSP, so this was a good excuse to play with it again.I chose the seahorse paper, as it was a pretty, all-over pattern like the floral on the original card. However, I decided to split my paper horizontally rather than on the diagonal. I adhered the DSP to some pieces of Thick Whisper White, leaving a small border as there was a similar border on the original.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Seaside Notions, Whale Of A Time DSP

The sentiment from Seaside Notions was heat embossed in White on the card base. I felt that the card was too plain, so I also heat embossed a seahorse from the same stamp set on Watercolour Paper and coloured it with Just Jade ink.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Seaside Notions, Whale Of A Time DSP

I used the left over piece of DSP on the inside of the card. I normally wouldn't use such a big piece, but I didn't want to lose the Seahorses by cutting it in half. I will just have to write my message a little smaller!

We'd love to see which of the five cards inspires you to CASE it. Will you CASE the whole card, or just elements of it? When you've made your card, please post it in our Facebook group. We'd all love to see it.


For now though, please do continue on with the Blog Hop. Next up is my lovely friend, Rachel. Her lovely projects are what convinced me that I had to have the Whale Of A Time DSP!

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. I like how you chose to split the DSP horizontally and the water coloured seahorse looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning watercolouring Tina!! Love this paper, and I love that you've used it for this fun layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A match made in heaven I think. Sweet little seahorse is the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Tina. Love the colours in that DSP and the sea horse embellishment is the perfect touch to take it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.