Pages

Thursday 12 November 2020

AWH Creative Showcase: 5 Supplies

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the November Art With Heart Creative Showcase. This month we have been challenged to make a project using only 5 supplies. We decided that things like adhesives, snips, clear blocks, trimmers, etc did not count in our limit, but other things like DSP, ink, stamp sets, etc do count!

I decided to use the opportunity to crack open one of the DSP packs that I purchased in the recent DSP sale - Whale Of A Time DSP. I was really attracted to the scenes in the DSP, so that's the direction I went on my card. I actually came in 'under budget' on my supply list - I only used 4! They were the Whale Of A Time DSP, Thick Whisper White cardstock, Seaside Notions and my Pacific Point ink pad.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Whale Of A Time DSP, Seaside Notions

I started by trimming the DSP to size and adhering it to a Thick WW card base. I trimmed an inch off either side of the DSP, as I wanted the beam of light at the top of the paper to stay in the middle of the card. Normally, I'd use a darker card base that coordinated with the DSP, but that would have been an extra item on my 5 supplies list. By making the DSP edge to edge, it doesn't matter what colour the base is!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Whale Of A Time DSP, Seaside Notions

The fish were roughly cut from another sheet of the DSP and glued to some scraps of Thick WW, before being fussy cut and popped up on the front. I had planned to stamp the sentiments on WW, but they would have been a bit too glaring white. Instead, I stamped them on the water section of one of the pieces cropped from the sides of the DSP I used on the front. This way, they match perfectly! So that they matched the fish with the darker blue border, I glued the fussy cut sentiments to the dark blue part of the DSP that the fish came from. It's the sheet with the fish swimming around the edge. I then fussy cut them again to give the blue border.

Before I move on - did you catch the pun in the sentiment? Birthday 'fishes' to you! LOL!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Whale Of A Time DSP, Seaside Notions

I had one last strip of DSP that I trimmed from the piece I used on the front of the card. I cut it in half and adhered one piece on either side of the inside, with a piece of Thick WW adhered over the top. It's a cool way to use a scrap, don't you think? I couldn't resist adding another little fishie!

It was a bit harder than I thought, making a card with limited supplies! I tend to make things up as I go along, but limited supplies requires a little more planning and thought. It was certainly fun to try though. I hope you're keen to see what the rest of the ladies participating in the Creative Showcase tonight have made. Pop on over to Rachel's blog, where you'll find the rest of this month's links.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Great work Tina, you're showing off only using 4 supplies. Your card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive Tina to have only used 4 supplies and great tip on taking the DSP to the edge of the card. I love how alive your fish look - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, you created a fabulous card both inside and out with your limited supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little fishies! A very creative way to use the DSP. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Tina and it is fantastic how you only used 4 supplies! The DSP is so cute! I think this would make a great card for my Dad! Oh and my Great-Niece just caught her first fish she would love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card, Tina. I'm sure this would impress a beginner paper crafter knowing that they can create this masterpiece with just 4 products - AMAZING!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.