Pages

Sunday 8 November 2020

CTC #293: CASE A Card From Page 36

 Hi!


I'm back with you this week for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. I had to miss last week, as my littlest boy had a few medical challenges. He's all good now though.


This week we are asking you to CASE a card from page 36 of the August - December Mini Catalogue. It features the Snowflake Splendor Suite of products. As pretty as they are, I don't have any of this suite, so I had to think a little bit out of the box.


I ended up choosing this card from the bottom left of the page to CASE, simply because of the ink blending. I do love an ombre background!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peace & Joy, Joy To The World, Joy Dies, Winter Snow EF, Paper Pumpkin, Christmas

I had a piece of Whisper White card in my stash that had been embossed with the Winter Snow Embossing Folder when I had a stamping day with a friend recently. I used a blending brush to apply some Flirty Flamingo ink so that it was darker at the bottom and faded to white at the top. The original card has the fade going sideways, but I much prefer this way!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peace & Joy, Joy To The World, Joy Dies, Winter Snow EF, Paper Pumpkin, Christmas

The 'joy' stamp and die is from the Peace & Joy bundle, but the wreath underneath is from the New Paper Pumpkin kit, Joy To The World. They work so perfectly together! I layered it over a piece of Silver Foil and Coastal Cabana cardstock, both cut into banners using my Banners Pick A Punch.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peace & Joy, Joy To The World, Joy Dies, Winter Snow EF, Paper Pumpkin, Christmas

The inside sentiment is also from the Joy To The World kit. I really love the neat, handwritten style font. And it works perfectly side by side with Peace & Joy - you will be seeing a lot more of it on my blog!

There are five different cards and a cute little tin that you can choose from to CASE. Which one catches your eye? You can participate in our challenge by posting a photo of your project to our Facebook group.


In the meantime though, please do continue with the Blog Hop. Technically, I'm the last stop, but if you started in the middle you can hop on through to Monique's blog. Her card is so cute, you won't want to miss it!

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing background! I love the wreath! (I think I have about 6 wreaths in my Christmas decorating!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad your son is doing ok. I love the ombré inking on the embossed background. The colours being subtle rather than the traditional bold red and green is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath underneath the joy looks fabulous!! And how amazing that you can use Flirty Flamingo on a Christmas card!! That's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fading of the ink on the embossed background and the combo of Flirty Flamingo and Coastal Cabana. Very modern but festive. Good to have you back - and with such a beautiful creation - and I'm glad to hear your son has bounced back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.