Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Colour Creations: Merry Merlot

 Hi!


welcome once gain to this week's Colour Creations Creative Showcase. It's time for Merry Merlot, which has more than one meaning after my busy week!! It's not a colour I use a lot, but I do like the rich red, which is part of the Neutrals colour family.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Joy To The World, Joy Dies, Shimmer Paint, Christmas Card

I've paired it with the Brushed Metallics from the Mini Catalogue, specifically the Gold sheet. It's such a rich colour combo. I also used some Frost White Shimmer Paint. I splattered it over the front of the card, focussing on the middle section and tapering off towards the top and bottom. I love the look! 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Joy To The World, Joy Dies, Shimmer Paint, Christmas Card

The Joy Dies combined perfectly with the Joy To The World stamp set over the top of the splatters. I heat embossed the sentiment in Gold to match the Brushed Gold Foil.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Joy To The World, Joy Dies, Shimmer Paint, Christmas Card

The inside was kept super simple, with just the larger sentiment from Joy To The World stamped in Merry Merlot.

That's all from me tonight, please pop on over to Catherine's Blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Merry Merlot cards. I'm off to enjoy a sip on the lounge!

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Wow Tina this is such a rich and bold card - I love how brave you've been with this deep red colour and it has really paid off! Thanks for joining the Colour Creations Showcase tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that spattering! I have been doing that a lot lately in my artwork! I now want to see the Brushed Gold and Merlot in real life!
    And by all means - if Merry Merlot means more to you this week - pour another glass!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful rich card Tina and love the effect of the Shimmer paint on the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the shimmer paint tones down the darkness of the card, Tina. Lovely use of the sentiments, too; this is a very nice, elegant, card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Tina. Love the drama and elegance of the combination of Merry Merlot and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the splatter effect on your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.