Pages

Thursday 8 October 2020

October Creative Showcase: Using DSP

 Hi!


Welcome to the monthly Art With Heart Creative Showcase. Stampin' Up! are holding a DSP sale this month, and so we have chosen to feature the DSP packs that are on sale in this month's Showcase. There are quite a number of packs to choose from at a 15% discount, but I couldn't go past my all-time favourite Christmas DSP: Trimming The Town. I think I will need to purchase a second pack before the sale ends!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Trimming The Town, Home Together Dies, Christmas Card

This card was inspired by the sentiment sheet of DSP. I've only ever used individual sentiments cut from the sheet. I decided it was about time to use a larger piece of it. Because I've mounted it against a bit of a busy background, I've matted the sentiment piece in white. I also used a Thick Whisper White card base, to help balance all of the darker colours.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Trimming The Town, Home Together Dies, Christmas Card

Each of the elements on the front of the card were cropped from the DSP. To give them a bit more stability, especially for the ones getting popped up, I adhered each roughly cut piece to Thick Whisper White cardstock before cropping them with the coordinating Home Together Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Trimming The Town, Home Together Dies, Christmas Card

The inside scene is a bit snowier! The snowy hill on the inside is simply the offcut from the snowy hill on the front. I just added some extra fussy cut elements from the DSP to finish off the scene. I have not used ink at all on my card, but I think that it would also look nice to have sponged a little Balmy Blue ink as a sky on the inside.

That's all from me tonight. Please pop on over to Rachel's blog, where you will find the links for the rest of this month's DSP Creative Showcase cards.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Tina you are making so many fabulous cards with this set! Love the composition and layering of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the two different DSPs combined for that background. Just gorgeous with the white to tie it all together. LOVE the inside of the card too - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your card Tina, I’ve just caved and ordered this set

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your card Tina, beautiful use of this DSP, I’ve just caved and ordered this set

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE this card, Tina!! I really like how you've tucked the sentiment panel of paper behind the other elements on the front of the card, so it's a feature without being a feature. I keep forgetting to die cut all the "bits" from the DSP; thanks for the reminder. I'll be CASEing your card, if you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, Tina, I love that DSP piece with the writing and I don't think it looks too busy at all. This suite is awesome and you really do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant. Your card is amazing. You have created so many gorgeous cards with this suite and this card is no exception. I love the way you have focussed on the DSP and not used any ink/stamping. The way you have mounted all the elements and pieced them together is delightful. I think I will be adding this DSP to my next order. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Man! I already have enough Christmas stamp set but you are making me want another one far out!!!! A really beautiful card Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I just love this card Tina! I love the narrow white border that resonates around the card front. A perfect white Christmas scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina, I love the way you have layered the two very different papers before adding your darling little scene. This paper is the best. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.