Pages

Thursday 8 October 2020

JAI #526: Just Add Inspiration

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new Just Add Ink Challenge. This week Jo has found a really funky Inspiration Photo for us to be inspired by.


How cool is the blue in those toadstools? Or are they mushrooms? Either way, the colour is amazing! I wasn't only inspired by the colour this week - when I see strangely coloured toadstools like that I think of potions and magic. Perfect timing for Halloween cards! I don't usually make Halloweeen cards, so I decided to make a magical birthday card instead.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Bugaboo, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Wizard Friends, Copic Markers, In Good Taste DSP

The stamps I used on the front are digital stamps from Bugaboo. I've had them for many years but not used them much. I really wanted a cauldron for my potions, and this was the only image I had. I printed it off, along with the wizard and the shelf. I coloured them with my Copic markers.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Bugaboo, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Wizard Friends, Copic Markers, In Good Taste DSP

To create the base of my card I used a piece of In Good Taste DSP with the big bricks. Does it look like a castle wall? I hope so! The wooden floor was hand drawn and coloured, also using my Copic Markers. I had fun doing that! The digi images were just fussy cut and popped up over the top. To pop the tiny bubbles up I added a Mini Dimensional to the back of each on the cardstock and then punched each one out with my Crop-o-Dile. It cut through all layers very easily.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Bugaboo, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Wizard Friends, Copic Markers, In Good Taste DSP

There was a second shelf image in the stamp set, so I printed it and coloured it for the inside. You may notice that I've used a really bright blue and green frequently in the books and bottles - that's a little nod back to the colours of the Inspiration Photo. The sentiment stamps are a retired Kindred Stamps set called Wizard Friends.

That's all from me for tonight, but please do pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's cards. Once you've made your card, you can link it up there too. I can't wait to see what you'll do with this Inspiration photo - it sure is a fun one!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.