Pages

Sunday 19 May 2019

CTC #229: Favourite Retiring Punch

Hi!


Welcome to Sunday night and the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop! You may have arrived here from Rebecca's blog, or you may be starting here. Either way, just keep on hopping until you get back to where you started. This week the CTC Crew are using their favourite retiring punch. There's a few to choose from!

Some of my most used punches are my circle punches, and a whopping four (!) are retiring at the end of the current Annual Catalogue. I've used the largest three on my card: 1 3/4", 1 1/4" and 3/4" punches.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, A Good Man, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Jar Of Love, Circle Punches

I started by punching out a heap of different sized circles from the new In Colour cardstock. I only did one in the new Pretty Peacock cardstock in the largest circle, to keep it as a subtle focal point. I originally intended to do the sentiment on a strip, but I couldn't make that work, so I ended up going with another circle.

After I'd laid out all the circles, I had a little moment of panic about gluing them all down. Do you ever have that - once you lift them to glue, you can never get them quite the same way again? Luckily I had a brain wave - Press & Seal to the rescue! I cut a small piece and laid it over the top of my circles. I could then flip the whole piece over, add adhesive to the back and then flip it again to adhere it to my card front. Problem solved!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, A Good Man, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Jar Of Love, Circle Punches

Of course, this really only works if you want your card to be flat. Or maybe you could only put a tiny bit of tape on the back of the piece you want to pop up, so that you could lift them easily? I will have to experiment!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, A Good Man, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Jar Of Love, Circle Punches

I finished off the front by stamping some circles around the outside of the punched circles to add to the confetti feel. I used a little round stamp from Jar Of Love. I snuck in another new stamp set for the sentiment - it's from A Good Man.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, A Good Man, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Jar Of Love, Circle Punches

I had a few punched circles left from the front, so along with some extra stamping, they went down the side of the inside. Done! I think the whole card took under an hour - perfect for those cards you need in a hurry!

You can enter our challenge each week by posing your card over on our Facebook group.


Before you go, don't forget to finish the hop. The Crew have done a great job with their punches, so you wouldn't want to miss anyone! Next up is the lovely Elizabeth.


Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. I love the combination of the stamped and punched circles! And using the new colours is a wonderful idea. They look wonderful together like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Circles certainly make a snappy looking card, and I really like the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I just love some happy circles. This really shows how well the new In Colours work together. Great brainwave using the Press n Seal - I might just have to add that to my craft toolbox after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the circles and love the new In Colours all together, great card Tina.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.