Pages

Sunday 5 May 2019

CTC #227: Favourite Retiring Bundle

Hi!


Welcome to by blog for the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop! The blog before mine was Julia's. You know the drill by now - grab a cuppa and keep hopping until you get back to where you started.


This week the crew are making projects using our favourite retiring bundle. It was really hard to pick a favourite of all those going, so I picked the one that I wished I'd used more while it was current. I think it will find it's way to my 'keep' shelf though, as I think it's great for teen girls.


It's the Follow Your Dreams bundle from page 54. The dream catchers, feathers and flowers are the perfect mix for teen girls, don't you think? As my daughter is about to turn 14, and I have 3 nieces around the same age, I have a bit of a need for teen girl things in the next few years or more!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Follow Your Dreams Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Pinewood Planks DTIEF

I started by die cutting the 'dream' and the dream catcher 4 times each - one in the Gold Foil paper and three times in Bermuda Bay cardstock. I then glued all of the layers together with the foil on top. It's a great way to get dimension, especially when die cuts like the dream catcher are very fiddly to pop up with Dimensionals. I cut the gold pieces out of the panel I used to matt my main panel, as you never see it and would never know unless you (shock horror!) pulled the card apart.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Follow Your Dreams Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Pinewood Planks DTIEF

If you look closely, you can see that I stamped the little star/flower image all over the main panel in VersaMark. I then sponged over the top with Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana ink. Finally, I splattered some water over the top to lift the colour under the splatters. It's such a cool effect. It's hard to see in the photo, but I embossed the Whisper White layer with the Pinewood Planks DTIEF - yes, there are other embossing folders besides Subtle!! Finally, I added some (retired) tiny pearls to the dreamcatcher.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Follow Your Dreams Bundle, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Pinewood Planks DTIEF

I'd also cut some feathers out of the Gold Foil matt to use on the front, but didn't end up using them there. Instead, I made a home for them on the inside by sponging Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks on the bottom corner and flicking it with water before adhering the feathers over the top.

I showed this card to Miss Nearly 14 and asked her if I should add or change anything. She told me it was perfect the way it was, so I'm happy with that!

Don't forget to check out our Facebook group, where you can add your card to this week's challenge. What's your favourite retiring bundle? It can be one that's completely retiring, or one that will carry over, but no longer be sold as a bundle. Too easy!


Don't forget to complete the Blog Hop though! Next up is Rose, I wonder what bundle she'll choose?


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. I was trying to work out what DSP you had used only to read that you had made it. So pretty!! Oh and you had me at gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold foil is STUNNING! And I love love love the background sponging and flicking and stamped images. Just perfect. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational! I love everything about this card Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is simply stunning, one of the best I have seen with this bundle. Love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Tina - almost ethereal! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tina, your card is beautiful. The background is amazing and I love the little pearls on the dreamcatcher.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.