Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2019

A Birthday Blog Hop For Kelly

Hi!


Welcome to my first post of the night - there'll be another one a bit later! For now though, I am hopping with my demonstrator friend, Kelly Kent. It's her birthday (hip hip hooray!) and she's celebrating by doing a blog hop. what a fun way to celebrate! The blog before mine was Shannon's, but we are all linked in a circle, so start wherever and end where you start! Confused? LOL!

Tonight's cards are the first I made using the technique that's going totally viral, especially after all us demo's went to New Zealand and cleared them out of Press & Seal! Yes, it's the Floating Frames technique. I hope you're not too sick of it yet!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Floating Frames Technique, Picture Perfect Birthday, Birthday Cheer, Butterfly Duo Punch, Garden Impressions DSP

I made this card as a class sample and decided that it's far too hard for everyone to stamp, colour and cut a heap of flowers in a class, so we'd use punches with DSP instead. It really cuts down on the time involved but still makes a pretty awesome card! I used a sheet of 6x6 DSP from the Garden Impressions DSP pack combined with the Butterfly Duo punch for my card. One sheet of 6x6 gives plenty of butterflies for the front, with some left over to decorate the insides.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Floating Frames Technique, Picture Perfect Birthday, Birthday Cheer, Butterfly Duo Punch, Garden Impressions DSP

I'm not going to explain the technique, there are plenty of videos and tutorials out there. I will give you a few tips though. I didn't take a photo, but before I laid out my punched shapes on the copy paper, I traced the shape of the circle die onto the paper. This allowed me to see where I would cut and hopefully I could avoid teeny tiny pieces of butterfly to try to stick a dimensional to!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Floating Frames Technique, Picture Perfect Birthday, Birthday Cheer, Butterfly Duo Punch, Garden Impressions DSP

As it turned out, choosing a slightly mottled DSP worked well, as sometimes the Press & Seal sticks too well to the paper. If a little bit peels away, it's less obvious on a paper that already looks distressed!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Floating Frames Technique, Picture Perfect Birthday, Birthday Cheer, Butterfly Duo Punch, Garden Impressions DSP

Can you tell where the paper peeled away a little? Didn't think so! LOL

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Floating Frames Technique, Picture Perfect Birthday, Birthday Cheer, Butterfly Duo Punch, Garden Impressions DSP

I kept the stamping simple by using the same sentiments on both cards, just switching the inside for outside to suit each one.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Floating Frames Technique, Picture Perfect Birthday, Birthday Cheer, Butterfly Duo Punch, Garden Impressions DSP

Slightly dodgy photo, but here's both cards together. I've made a few more Floating Frames cards since these, including a pair using the Balloon Duo punch. It's a bit addictive!

That's it for me, now you're hopping off to visit Monique's blog to see what gorgeous card she's made for Kelly's Birthday Hop.


Bye for now,

Tina

17 comments:

  1. Love your floating technique cards, Tina. I'm hooked as well lol 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome - such a clever idea to punch the dsp without worrying about stamping etc. makes is so much quicker! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I’m a little slow getting on the band wagon and yet to try this technique! The butterflies look great being punched out of the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Tina, I love this technique and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Tina! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Tina, you have nailed the technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Tina! An awesome way to showcase this technique! I realy must give this technique a try now! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never have thought to cut butterflies from that DSP but it looks amazing. I love your two cards with the floating frames.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Tina! I haven't tried this technique because we can't get Press & Seal in WA :( Love, love, love the tip on using DSP. Thanks for being part of my birthday celebrations! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing that one little sheet of DSP produces so many beautiful butterflies! It's a perfect one for the butterflies - a great idea to use DSP when you want to produce a lot of them. This is a beautiful example of the floating technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! So pretty and such a great idea to punch your butterflies straight from the dsp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! What a gorgeous effect of grouping the butterflies in this way Tina! Such a fab technique and love your version of it. I will have to ask my family in NZ to post me some Press n Seal lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the DSP you've used. This is fabulous. And the blues are gorgeous with the butterflies. Perfect cards for this fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blue butterflies! This technique makes gorgeous cards. One day I might get my hands on some press n seal that doesn't cost one billion dollars on ebay haha! Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome cards Tina ... I'll have to check that DSP as I assumed you'd done a sheet of Brusho! Love your cards ... love that you can get two cards from one 'sheet'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful Tina. I love that DSP - it had totally slipped past me. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.