Pages

Thursday 27 September 2018

JAI #428: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Welcome to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rachael has given us a fresh, summery colour combination to work with.


Don't those colours just scream summer? Maybe I'm just doing a whole lotta wishful thinking!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Varied Vases, Tin Tile DTIEF, Subtle DTIEF

I decided to go for a really simple, fresh card with just a touch of colour. I recently purchased the Varied Vases bundle and I wanted to play with it. I cheated a little by using Soft Suede for the flower stem/outline as I thought black might be a little too bold for the rest of the colours. I finished the three larger flowers with some tiny pearls.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Varied Vases, Tin Tile DTIEF, Subtle DTIEF

It's tricky to see in the photo, but I embossed both of the white layers under the main panel. The bottom one uses the Tin Tile 3DTIEF, and the middle layer uses the Subtle 3DTIEF. It's a nice and simple way to add interest to the card without distracting from the main picture.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Varied Vases, Tin Tile DTIEF, Subtle DTIEF

Because I liked the scene on the front so much I recreated it for the inside of the card. No point reinventing the wheel if I don't need to!

You can see the rest of the Design Team's cards over at the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card for this week's colour challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.