Pages

Thursday 6 September 2018

JAI #425: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!


Hello as you join me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Kelly has provided us with this gorgeous garden picture. I'm so jelly - I would love a garden like that but I'm a complete black thumb so it will never happen in my lifetime!


Sigh.... so pretty!

The wonderful thing about our Inspiration challenges is that you can take anything from the picture and turn it into a card. My mind started thinking about how to recreate the scene and I got so overwhelmed I had to put it aside for a while to think some more. In the end I went super simple - just pulling a few of the colours from the picture and running with them.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Best Birds, Subtle DTIEF

I was recently gifted this die by a lovely customer. I've no idea what brand it is, as there was no packaging. I cut the hearts once in Berry Burst and again in Powder Pink, as there are at least two shades of pink flowers in the Inspiration photo. I then glued down the BB outline and pieced the PP hearts into it. Fiddly, but I love the look!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Best Birds, Subtle DTIEF

I popped the oval panel onto a piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock that has been embossed with the Subtle DTIEF - not that you can see it in the photo! Some ribbon and twine and done!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Best Birds, Subtle DTIEF

I used some of my left over hearts to finish off the inside of the card. The layered hearts are very sweet.

It's always fun seeing what everyone else sees in the same picture. You can find out how the Design Team interpreted it over at the Just Add Ink blog. What do you see? Why not link your card up over there too?

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous Anniversary card, Tina! The layered die cuts look fantastic against the sea foam and are so worth the effort they took to do. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.