Pages

Monday 14 August 2017

Vintage Leaves With Copper Trim

Hi!

I'm really not much of a metallics person, but when I first saw the new Copper Trim, I just had to have it! I loved the versatility - it can be used as is, or it can be stretched out to give a netting look.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Vintage Leaves, Thoughtful Banners, Leaflets Framelits, Be Merry DSP, Wood Textures DSP, Copper Trim

For this card, I paired two very different DSPs: Wood Textures and Be Merry. I could have just used the Garden Green strip from Be Merry and left the right side of the card plain, but I liked the extra little something that using one of the more subtle Wood Textures papers gave.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Vintage Leaves, Thoughtful Banners, Leaflets Framelits, Be Merry DSP, Wood Textures DSP, Copper Trim

Here's a bit of a closer look at that gorgeous trim! For this card, I threaded the trim onto my thumb to make it into a tube, and then cut along the tube to open it up flat. I stretched it out until I was happy with how it looked, and then adhered it using tape under where the leaf was going. It's important to use a fair length of the trim - as you pull it in one direction, it shrinks in the other direction! I did this in a class, and we ended up having to use a couple of pieces of the trim under the flower, as I'd cut their pieces too short.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Vintage Leaves, Thoughtful Banners, Leaflets Framelits, Be Merry DSP, Wood Textures DSP, Copper Trim

Nice and simple on the inside. I think this is a great masculine card. Not too fussy, but the texture of the Copper Trim adds a lot of interest to the card. What do you think?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.