Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

AWH HOC Week 10

Hi!

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of attending a stamping day organised by the lovely Kathryn Mangelsdorf. There were a group of eight stampers, and we decided to run a shoebox swap with a Christmas theme. My first thought was to do a card I'd made previously, but then I decided I'd do a new one, so that it could be this week's Heart Of Christmas card.


A shoebox swap is one where each person designs a card and then puts everything required to make that card in a box, including a kit for each person in the swap. The boxes then get passed around the table and everyone makes one of everyone else's card. It's a great way to get your stash built quickly, and also to play with new stamps that you may not own.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Carols Of Christmas, Card Front Builder Thinlits, Be Merry DSP

I decided to make a fancy fold card using the new Carols of Christmas bundle. I can't think of the name of the fold just now, but you basically cut a long card, with the fold at the left, and then fold the front in half back on itself. The smaller front panel is then adhered to the front flap of the card, and overhangs the base. You can see a little better in the next photo.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Carols Of Christmas, Card Front Builder Thinlits, Be Merry DSP

I used one of the framelits in the bundle to cut the corner decorations. The poinsettia flowers were then stamped, fussy cut and popped up on Mini Dimensionals. Can you see that I also stamped in Cherry Cobbler around the cut out bits? There are 4 little dots in a cluster. I like that they extend the design of the die cut, and also add a little extra colour to the grouping.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Carols Of Christmas, Card Front Builder Thinlits, Be Merry DSP

This is the inside. I didn't stamp a sentiment there just yet - maybe I'll add one later. I wanted room to write a bit in the card in such a way that the writing wouldn't be seen when the card was closed.

Are you enjoying the Heart Of Christmas blog shares each Wednesday? I certainly am! You can see the rest of this week's cards over at Claire's blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Tina. I have been holding out on buying this stamp set, but I'm crumbling each time I see a great design using it, and your card has me reaching for the order button. The fold is great and it's perfect for showing off that bold greeting. The inside is gorgeous too. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Tina! These poinsettias are one of my favourite parts of this really versatile bundle and you've "heroed" them beautifully on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! This fold and layout is perfect to use with those bold sentiments. Really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tina I love your Z fold card cut this way to make it work so well with stamp set and bold greeting. I just love the corners with the poinsettias reminds me of all the years I lived in the US. What a great idea the shoe box card swap is, I bet that was a fun afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the "flurry" of poinsettias; such a pretty feature on your card, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Tina. The fold is perfect for the bold greeting and I love the way you have used the poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Tina, I love the layout and positions of those poinsettias, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a stunning card Tina!! love the fancy fold and the crisp colours, the poinsettias look so pretty. Really love this card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.