Pages

Friday 29 January 2016

JAI #296: Just Add Nature

Hi!

Oh boy, it's hard to believe that it's the last day of school holidays! The last seven weeks have just flown by! My oldest is starting High School this year, so there will be lots of new challenges for us all.  Still, it's an exciting time, and Alex is excited, so I am too.


Speaking of exciting, it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Di has challenged us to Just Add Nature to our cards. I've gone for the largest butterfly in the Butterflies Thinlits collection. This was the third card my ladies made last week in class.


I paired the butterfly with the stamp set that rocketed to the top of my 'Must Have' list when I saw the new Occasions Catalogue - Timeless Textures. There's also a little peek of the splatters from Gorgeous Grunge on the card too.


Most of the background stamping has been stamped off first, as I wanted the main focus of the card to be the butterfly. The colours I used were Crumb Cake (edge stamp and splatters), Always Artichoke (grid stamp), Early Espresso (coffee rings) and Rose Red (flourish), all on a Very Vanilla base.  This would have to be one of my favourite colour combinations for girly, grungy cards.


The stamping on the inside is nearly the same as the outside, the exception being I left off the Gorgeous Grunge splatters so that there would be more clean space for writing a message.

What nature themed gorgeousness can you come up with for our challenge?  I'd love to see your work lined over at Just Add Ink.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Your grungy background creates a muted vintage feel that is just perfect for the stunning coral butterfly Tina! Love how you finished it off with a sweet little button and linen thread too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the detail in the background you have made for your bold and colourful butterfly. Just fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Tina! I love that you have gone with such a gorgeous bold colour for your butterfly. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a "must have" set for me too Tina. The gorgeous layered background creates the perfect backdrop for this dramatic butterfly. I had to pin this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.