Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Starry Wondrous Wreath

Hi!

This month I have run a few classes making Christmas cards.  There's such a wide variety of colours and themes in the Christmas offerings this year so there's bound to be something that you love!  For this card I decided to stick with the traditional red and greea, but I went for colours in the brights range - Real Red and Wild Wasabi.  I have loved this as a Christmas combo ever since Stampin
 Up! had a promotional set of ribbons in these colours several years ago.


Lol, you can see that my inkpads needed reinking before I made this card!  I used Garden Green as the darker green in the wreath. I love the way that Stampin' Up! have made it easy to line up the stamps in this set by adding  a tab to the bottom of the stamp.  Now the only excuse for not getting it spot on is human error!


We used the new starry punch to add the border on the card.  I really love the look of the stars.  A few ladies kept the punched stars to use as a confetti surprise for the person who opens the card. I didn't have room for a large sentiment on the front so I used my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to ink up just the merry part of the merry christmas sentiment from Good Greetings.


One of the things I look for in a Christmas stamp set is a sentiment that is suitable to use on the inside of the card.  I think this one is just perfect!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.