Pages

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Simply Stars Card In A Box

Hi!

Last month I ran a Card In A Box class and today's card is one of the samples I made to inspire the ladies who attended.  It uses the retiring Simply Stars stamp set and I Am Me DSP.  Both are favourites of mine that I have enjoyed crafting with over the past year.


It's such a cool concept for a card. I love the fact that it folds flat for posting but pops up into this fabulous 3D card to delight the recipient.  Did you notice the sneak peek stamp on the front?  I really like the Dymo label look of this stamp.


You can see that I used thin strips of Window Sheet to support the stars.  They wave around a little, which adds to the cool effect of the card.


Plenty of room on the back for writing your sentiment.


The most difficult part of making this card is to make sure that your stars (or what ever else you use) don't hang out the sides when the card is folded flat, which isn't really difficult at all!

I will be making another one of these sometime this week - my daughter's BFF is having her birthday party this weekend and Ada has put in an order for a butterfly card after seeing this one on my craft desk!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.