Pages

Friday 6 September 2013

JAI #181: Just Add Colour

Hi!

Woot Woot! It's Friday again. It's Showtime in Adelaide so the kids have school closure days, which means an extra long weekend here for me and the kids.  Poor Rob still has to work though.  I'm hoping that the long weekend translates to lots of stamping time for me!  In the meantime, let's find out about the latest JAI challenge.


This week Nikki has given us an absolutely gorgeous colour combination to wok with.  I have to say, it's one of my favourite combinations I've worked with on the JAI team.
Isn't it yummy?  Here's my card.


I stamped the medallions in Silver ink and then gave them a bit of a going over with the heat gun to set the colour.  If you don't do this step it takes forever to dry and you're bound to accidentally smear the ink when you touch it.


Here's a closer look at all the layers on the front of the card. I've also used one of the Candy Dots and Brads to finish off the centre of the medallion.

Silly me forgot that I needed to photograph the card and I wrote on the inside before I took the photos, so you don't get to see the inside this time.

Stamps: Happy Day
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Silver Encore
Cardstock: Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Other: Candy Dot, Candy Dot Brads, Dimensionals, Heat Tool

I hope you can find time to play along at Just Add Ink this week.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tina, love the black and teal together, hope you get loads of stamping done, love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look stunning Tina and I can tell you enjoyed working with the colours! Love the combo of the medallions in silver and then the Bermuda focal. Hope you get that stamping time - that's my plan this weekend too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina I love your use of the silver embossed medallions on the black and then the contrasting brightness of it in Bermuda Bay as your front feature panel. A beautifully layered card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.