Pages

Friday 26 August 2011

Layout 66: ouch!

Hi!

Today I have a layout for you using some retiring products.  You don't have very long left at all to get your hands on these before they are gone forever.

The layout is a pretty simple one that shows my son Alex. Well, it shows his back!  He was doing a cooking class at school and ran past the stove just as some older girls were moving a pot of boiling water.  Poor Alex copped the water right down his back.  Some quick thinking teachers got him into a shower which helped a lot.  He still got some blistering, but overall he's a very lucky boy.


He was allergic to the first dressing, which is why there are photos of a few different dressings.  Do you feeling like a mean mummy when you take photos like this?  I do a bit, but then I think that it's still a memory and as just as much right to be preserved as the good ones.

Anyway, the retiring product in this layout is the DSP - Elegant Soiree.  It was a fabulous DSP that was equally as suitable for male projects as female.  I also used my sanding blocks on the layout.  They are sort of retiring.  The old ones are going and new ones will replace them.  The new ones have an assortment of grades so that you'll be able to achieve different effects with each side.


On this layout I sanded the photo edges (a new favourite technique of mine!).  I also sanded the DSP to soften the tones a little.  This was especially good for the Baja Breeze pieces as they were a bit too bright for the layout.  I sanded them twice - once before I die cut/punched them and again after.  I did it before so that the little pieces were less likely to rip after I cut/punched them.  I gave them a light sand afterwards to give them a white edge, which you can hopefully see in the photo above.  Just a tip though - the paper is thinner after sanding and therefore is a bit fragile.  When you stick your letters down they are more likely to tear if you try to lift them, so make sure you place them correctly the first time!

Ink: Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker
DSP: Elegant Soiree (retiring)
Other: Sanding Blocks (being reconfigured), Big Shot, Simple Letters Alphabet Dies, Decorative Label Punch

Catch you later,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.