Pages

Monday 28 February 2011

Purse Instructions

Hi!

One of the comments left on my blog for the Sale-A-Bration asked for the instructions for the little purse I made.  I will do my best!  I did NOT design this purse myself, but I cannot give credit for it.  I have a notebook that I scribble ideas and instructions in and this is one such scribbling.  I did not however scribble the designer's details - not very clever of me!  If you know who designed it, please let me know so I can link to it.  It was a free template I found while surfing somewhere on the www.

Anyway, you need cardstock cut to 9 13/16 inches by 12 inches for the base.  With the 9 13/16 inch side at the top and scoring down the cardstock score at almost 4 inches and again at a fraction over 6 inches.  The 'almost' and 'fraction' equates to about 3/32of an inch (not quite 1/8th of an inch).

Rotate the cardstock so the 12 inch side is at the top.  Score at 4 inches and 8 inches, but ONLY in between the score lines in the first step.

Also, along both of the 12 inch sides, draw a little mark at 3 inches and 9 inches.  Cut from these points in a straight line to where the closest score lines intersect.  This should give you the shape of the front and back of the box.  You now need to cut in from the shorter sides.  Cut about 1 inch away from each of the score lines and parallel to the score lines.  You should now have a kind of 't' shaped piece.

Fold and burnish all score lines.  Apply double sided tape to the flaps and assemble the purse base.

For the flap of the purse you need a piece of cardstock cut to 4 1/4 inches by 7 1/2 inches.  With the 4 1/4 inch side at the top, score down the cardstock at 1/2 and 2 1/2 inches. Turn and score again at 1 1/4 and 7 1/4 inches.

You now need to cut the flap into the right shape.  Along the 7 1/2 inch side with the widest scored area draw little marks at 2 inches and 5 1/2 inches. Cut from these marks to where the nearest score marks intersect.  This section forms the front flap of the box.  You now need to make similar cuts on the remaining 3 sides of the flap.  These don't need to be as precise as the tuck into the box.

Fold and burnish all score lines.  The flap adheres to the inside of the back of the base section, so apply double sided tape to the correct section of the flap piece.  BEFORE you adhere the flap to the base you will need to cut 2 slots into the top of the flap to hold the handle.  These need to be 1 1/8 inch long and parallel to the sides of the purse.

The handle is a piece of cardstock cut to 1 inch by 10 1/2 inches and scored at 1 inch from either end.  Slide the handle into the slots as far as the score lines and adhere to the inside of the flap.  Adhere the flap to the inside of the back of the purse.

To close, the side flaps get tucked into the box and the front flap is on the outside.  I held mine closed with some ribbon, but you could also use velcro or magnets, or anything else really!

I hope these instructions are clear enough.  If not either email me or leave a comment with your email address and I will try to make them clearer for you.

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Michelle Langefeld3 March 2011 at 11:24

    Thanks Tina for putting these together....can't wait to try these out..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.