Pages

Thursday 15 August 2024

JAI 715: Just Add Shading or Shadows

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Nikki has challenged us to Just Add Shading or Shadows to our cards.


Hmm, this one required a bit of thought, but then I remembered that I had Sending Smiles stamps and dies. The 'Sending' die also has a coordinating shadow die. Bingo!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle, Beautiful Friendship

I started by stamping the flowers and leaves from Beautiful Friend ship on my card. These stamps are DistINKtive stamps, so I suppose that they also add the shading element to my card! I used Petunia Pop and Summer Splash ink, with a touch of Early Espresso for the stamens.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle, Beautiful Friendship

Here's a closer look at the shadow die. I like how it gives another layer to the sentiment to help it pop from the background.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle, Beautiful Friendship

I also added a little more stamping to the inside of the card. I love the flowers from this stamp set so much.

We'd love for you to play along with us this week. You just have to decide of you're adding shading or shadows to your card - or maybe both! You can see what the rest of the Design Team have created over on the Just Add Ink blog. You can also add your card to our Linky to enter the challenge. We'd love to see what you make.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Fab card Tina. Love the shadow sentiment die, works beautifully across your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.