Pages

Sunday 10 April 2022

CTC 364: CASE An Easter Project

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. This week we are asking you to CASE an Easter project from either of the two current catalogues.


I don't usually send Easter cards, so I went looking for a project that could easily be made into a birthday card. I found this gem on page 77 of the Jan-June Mini.


I loved the three horizontal stripes on the background of the card, and the cluster of strips that makes up the bunch of stems. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Pierced Blooms Dies, Decorative Dots EF

I don't own the Daffodil Daydream bundle, so I substituted for the soon-to-retire Pierced Blooms Dies. I just trimmed some strips of Soft Succulent cardstock and DSP to use for the stems.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Pierced Blooms Dies, Decorative Dots EF

I also used some Pale Papaya Shimmer Vellum instead of the stamped stripes. I embossed it with the long-retired Decorative Dots EF. I am a bit lacking in embossing folders lately, so this was my best option.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Pierced Blooms Dies, Decorative Dots EF

I used some offcuts to complete the inside of the card. The sentiments on the card are from the Sweet As A Peach stamp set

We'd love for you to play along with us for our challenge. Just make a suitable card and add a photo to our Facebook group. It's that easy!


For now though, please continue your way around our Blog Hop. The next stop is the lovely Julia Quinn, with an absolutely gorgeous card.


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card. The pierced blooms dies are a perfect substitution. You’ve decorated the inside beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love the pierced blooms dies! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.