Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2022

Colour Creations: Smoky Slate

 Hi!


Welcome back to my blog for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. We are nearing the end of this round, starting the final month with Smoky Slate. It's a lovely, pale grey from the Neutrals colour family. I decided to pair it with some retiring dies that will find a place in my permanent collection - Suit & Tie Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, A Good Man, Suit & Tie Dies, A Good Man, Masculine Card

There's nothing particularly fancy about my card tonight, but that's OK. I think masculine cards tend to be less fancy on the whole. What do you think?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, A Good Man, Suit & Tie Dies, A Good Man, Masculine Card

To get a faux fabric look, I embossed the Smoky Slate cardstock with the Tasteful Textile 3DEF. Very sadly, this embossing folder is retiring. The stamp set that I used, A Good Man, is (you guessed it) also retiring. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, A Good Man, Suit & Tie Dies, A Good Man, Masculine Card

I used some Smoky Slate DSP to create the ties for my card. I cropped the full tie, and then a second piece for the knot. I like how it gives a more 3D effect with very little extra effort.

That's all from me for tonight - short and sweet, as I celebrate my 20th Wedding Anniversary with a special dinner with my family! 

The next stop along the way is my love friend, Rachel Palmieri. I'm sure she's got a cracker of a card to see!


If you get stuck, pop on over to Catherine Proctor's blog - she has a list of all participants to help get you back on track!

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard6 April 2022 at 19:35

    Lovely card Tina, the texture on the jacket is really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic man's card Tine - just perfect in its simplicity. It's not fancy, but it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super way to showcase Smoky Slate, Tina. The embossed texture is a great touch, and I particularly like the polka dot tie!
    Happy anniversary to you and Rob. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Tina and I love the textured jacket and smart ties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so cool, Tina. Such a shame so many of these products are retiring, but I guess they will make way for some new goodies. I love the texture you achieved for the suit and the DSP tie is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very elegant masculine card design Tina. Happy Anniversary wishes xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.